Thursday, November 23, 2006

 

Happy Thanksgiving from Insight Cable!

I opened up the Thanksgiving edition of the local sports page today, only to read a couple of unhappy captions on the "What's on TV" section.

Not only will I not be able to watch the 8 NFL games this season broadcast on the NFL Network because Insight failed to pay the NFL Network's extortion fees, but I also will not be able to watch Friday's Louisville-Dayton game, since it will only be carried on Digital Cable.

It would be a good holiday gesture for Insight to put this game on one of its local access channels so everyone with cable could watch it. But Insight also learned the lesson of ESPN putting Duke-Carolina on ESPN2. They want to pressure subscribers into upgrading to their more expensive service.

This doesn't make me want to upgrade. It makes me want to forget about sports and dump my cable access altogether. The good news is I will have Friday evening free to pursue other interests.

Thanks Insight, and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?